Sunday, August 12, 2007

My Gardens

Gardens have been a part of my life since I was tiny. My mom would put my carriage out in the garden for nap time and soon I was toddling around in the gardens of my Grandmothers and my Mom. I love the smell of the garden and loved to follow my Dad around in his veggie garden when I was growing up. I loved to pick peas and beans andpull carrotts and eat hem right there in the garden. No matter where we have lived I have always grown at least tomatoes and cucumbers.

There are many kinds of gardens and as I grew older I planted some of them in my life.

My religion is of utmost importance as a garden in my life. Wothout it I would not be who I am and I would not appreciate all the things this world has offered me.

My husband, children and grandchildren are my most important garden. No work that we ever do on this earth is more important than the work that we will do within our families. Nothing is more important than my 5 children and 20 grandchildren.

M y veggie and flower gardens are a big part of my life and I love the early morning hours that I spend in the different areas of my gardens.

One of the gardens of my life that I thoroughly enjoy are the quilts that I make-- they are a garden of their own. I live to quilt and spend many hours piecing and then quilting quilts. Interestingly enough I have peiced more quilt tops than I have quilted. So this year has been dedicated to quilting the tops I already have. i still have a ways to go but so far this year I have quilted 5 big quilts.

Another kind of garden is the garden of genealogy. I have been wandering down the paths searching for my ancestors since I was 16. I love this pass time and wile away many hours in this endevour.

Another is my garden of animals. We raise collies and they are such a joy in many ways.

No comments: